When it comes to selling your home, many things come into play: the current market climate, the location, the price, your realtor, etc. In a hot market like today’s, making your home stand out and attracting those offers is incredibly important. At Quincy Vrecko and Associates, we work hard on marketing your home and shining a light on all its best features. From photos and virtual tours to brochures and social media, we have you covered. Our marketing assistant Eva Caouette gives us her best advice on marketing your home.
Why is marketing so important in today’s market?
Many homes are selling with multiple offers and over listing price, which is inspiring a lot of people to enter the market. The first few glances at a listing brochure, website, and photos can make an entire difference. Choosing a knowledgeable, experienced realtor with great marketing can bring in those extra offers getting you top price for your home. At QVA, we want to make your home stand out and attract attention. Some of the many marketing tools we provide:
- High quality photography
- Virtual reality tours
- Stunning brochures highlighting your home’s best features
- Social media posts and advertisements
When marketing a home, what kind of information do you need to know?
When it’s time to put your home on the market, I want to know everything about it that makes it special. Whether it be the neighborhood, the layout, the yard, the views, etc. Every feature matters when it comes to marketing, what may seem ordinary to you may actually be what sells your home. Especially during current COVID-19 times, many people rely on photos and online descriptions when searching for a home. We want readers and potential buyers to imagine themselves living and walking through the home, enjoying all of its features. Keep this in mind when talking with your realtor, and let us know what you think makes your home stand out.
What are the best ways to prepare a home for ideal presentation?
Preparing your home for photos is very important, and there is lots you can do to prepare.
- Of course, make sure your home is clean! This seems like an obvious point, but deep cleaning your entire home can be very time consuming, so make sure you prepare in advance.
- Staging: Staging doesn’t always have to be expensive. This can simply mean setting up your empty spare room to look like an office, or setting up some wall art. When potential buyers look at your home’s photos, give them the opportunity to see the greatest potential your home has.
- De-clutter: A clean home is one thing, but there is more you can do to ideally present it. Some things that aren’t considered clutter in our day-to-day lives will stand out in photos, such as phone chargers, toothbrushes, slippers, etc. Temporarily putting away personal belongings such as family photos, hanging jackets, shampoo bottles, can make a huge difference in how your home presents.
Selling your home is an exciting time, and we at QVA want to take any stress away. Trust us to make your home stand out in this market, and follow our tips to bring out its best potential!